Friday, 29 November 2013

Winter Bouquet Nail Art


Hi everyone! First of all, I want to say a BIG thank you to all of my lovely readers - last weekend my blog hit an amazing 20,000 views, which I am super excited about. So thanks to everyone who has visited Little Tip Off over the past 8 months, you are absolute angels. I hope you continue to enjoy taking a peek at my nail art endeavours - I plan to keep on blogging for a very long time! Anyway, gushiness aside, today's manicure is my first attempt at something 'wintery'. I am a bit grinchy (it's my new favourite word) when it comes to Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore the giving and receiving of gifts, the visiting family and friends and, of course, the food and drink. But in terms of putting up a tree, wrapping presents and donning a reindeer jumper, I try not to think about it until the 1st December strikes. Thus, I have vowed to avoid overtly Christmassy nail art until next week at least! However, I can't see anything wrong with being slightly seasonal now the big day approaches, so when a desire for a floral mani struck, I decided to inject a bit of festivity into it and create a sparkly winter bouquet design.

The equipment:

Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White'
Sinful Colors 'Pistache'
OPI 'In The Cable Car-Pool Lane'
OPI 'Chic From Ears To Tail'
OPI 'Innie Minnie Mightie Bow'
OPI 'Stand In Lime For Days'
 Barry M 'Shocking Pink'
W7 'Purple'
No. 7 'Totally Teal'
No. 7 'Hot To Trot'
No. 7 'Gold Glitter Top Coat'
Models Own black nail art pen
Models Own white nail art pen
Essie 'Good To Go'
Medium nail art paintbrush
Small nail art paintbrush


I used 'Snow Me White' as a base, as I wanted there to be a high contrast with the flower design. Once dry, I began to add the base block colours using a medium sized paintbrush. I added large petal shapes in 'Chic From Ears To Tail', and the bases for roses in the same shade of pink, along with 'Purple'. I then used 'Pistache' and 'Stand In Lime For Days', which are pastel and lime green respectively, to add the bases for leaves. 


When I was happy with the base design, I started to add details with my tiny paintbrush. For the large pink petals, I used 'Innie Minnie Mightie Bow', which is a rich red shade. On the pink roses, I added details using Barry M 'Shocking Pink', and then turned to OPI again for the details on the purple roses. No. 7 'Totally Teal' was used for the leaf details, and when this was all complete, I decided to add some little berries into the gaps.


My Models Own nail art pens helped to achieve even more detail and contrast. I built up the shapes of the flowers in both black and white, and also used white to highlight the berries. Finally, I used 'Hot To Trot' and 'Gold Glitter Top Coat' in the areas that looked a little bit bare. The addition of gold sparkles really added to this design, and transformed it from a standard floral design into a wintery bouquet. What do you think? Let me know!
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. These are beautiful! I absolutely love these designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your floral nailarts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I really love florals, I keep trying to find new ways to do them! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like them :) x

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing - love the colours and design! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so amazing! I love the colours, the detail and how neat they are. They look really fab against the white background too! I'd never be able to do something as artistic as this, you're v talented :-) x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Honestly, they're really not as difficult as they look. I was surprised at how easily the design took shape :) x

      Delete
  6. wow, its so detailled! it must have taken you a while! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just under an hour, so not too bad! x

      Delete
  7. Such a talented artist you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! These are amazing! I love them!

    ReplyDelete

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig