Saturday, 22 March 2014

Floral Nail Art: Spring Flowers


Hi everyone! It feels so strange to be blogging again after a break. I never intended to stop; life kind of took over and I've had the busiest few months of my life! To cut a long story short, I very intelligently (not) decided to move house at the same time as starting a new job... It was hectic and stressful and crazy, to say the least! Anyway, I'm all settled in now (I'm back in Yorkshire which I'm VERY pleased about) and I love my new job (I now work at a media and digital agency in Leeds), and I've finally managed to steal a Saturday to dedicate to my poor, unloved nails. And what better way to make a comeback than with some bright, flowery, springtime nail art?!

I used lots of different polishes for this design, including...

Models Own 'Grape Juice'
Models Own 'Blueberry Muffin'
Models Own 'Jade Stone'
Barry M 'Bright Yellow'
Barry M 'Papaya'
Barry M 'Strawberry Icecream'
No. 7 'Totally Teal'
Rimmel 'Azure'
Rimmel 'Grey Matter'
Fearne 'Attention Seeker'
Fearne 'Minty Maggie'
Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White'
Models Own black nail art pen
Essie 'Good To Go'
Fine nail art paint brush

I also used a couple of OPI minis but I have no idea what they're called... One is limey-yellow, one very bright tangerine, and the other hot pink. I painted on a few coats of 'Grape Juice' and once dry I added the block base colours for the flowers. Then I used my fine paint brush to add the details, layering up the colours and blending to make them appear more 3D. I didn't plan this manicure before starting, I just went along with what I thought looked good! I was tempted to mattify it at the end, but I reckon it works better with a bit of shine.

What do you think? Let me know!


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. These are so pretty! Glad to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to Yorkshire! :P These are so detailed and are perfect for spring! I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails are always so beautiful! Good to have you back x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you while searching for cocktail nails :) now i m following ur blog since i loved your work ..keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exquisite. Speechless. I accidentally found your blog today. PLEASE continue blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you, I didn't want to go out on a shopping hunt for Mani and I will be trying this tonight.

    Nail Image Plates

    ReplyDelete

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig