Friday, 13 June 2014

Ikat Tribal Nails Featuring Original Sugar Nail Jewellery


Helloooo! Today I'm going to try and ignore the huge elephant in the room (me having not done my nails in over two months and being a rubbish blogger) and share with you a long-awaited design. Given, it's not my best, but I'm pretty out of practise... It's a bit of a mix-and-match mani inspired by this jumpsuit, and I used Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White' and 'Black On Black' along with e.l.f. 'Mango Madness'. I also got to use this gorgeous nail jewellery from Original Sugar; these ones are the black tear drop gems* edged with tiny crystals. I absolutely love them and I'm so pleased they sit nicely on my little old nails, as most nail embellishments are far too big and bulky for me. They've only been on for a couple of hours so far but they feel pretty secure, so fingers crossed they stay put during a big girls' night out tomorrow - that's always a good test!



I used one of my new Models Own nail art brushes to apply the zig-zaggy Ikat pattern, adding the basic shape before painting on the thinner stripes to make it look more tribal. 



As always, I topped the design with Essie 'Good To Go'. I also used this to stick on the nail gems, waiting a few seconds until it was almost dry and then popping it on. I went around the outside of it with another layer to make sure it doesn't budge at all.

What do you think? Let me know!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. love this colour combo! totally awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are back! I love these, particularly the black and white nails!

    ReplyDelete

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig