Friday, 29 August 2014

Girly Baroque Floral Nail Art


Today I've created yet another floral manicure (oh so predictable!) I've switched things up a bit though, and included some baroque-style leaves/petals along with the daintier flowers. This manicure was really quick and easy to do, and I think the combo of blended pink, red and white strokes along with the bold black bits works really well.
The equipment:

Kiko Cosmetics 'Prestigious Taupe'*
Kiko Cosmetics 'Slick Bluenoir'*
Models Own 'Gum Ball'*
Sinful Colors 'Easy Going'
OPI 'A Definite Moust-Have'
OPI 'Innie Minnie Mightie Bow'
Essie 'Good To Go'
Fine nail art paint brush



I started off with a base of 'Prestigious Taupe', which is a lovely soft mushroomy colour. It only took two coats for opacity, and once dry it has a really nice gel-effect finish. Then I used my nail art paint brush to apply the flowers, painting lots of tiny strokes of 'Easy Going' into a circular shape. I did this for each nail, changing the location of each flower for a bit of variety (I added two flowers to my middle finger nail). Once this super pale, pinky colour was dry, I added strokes of 'Gum Ball', then 'A Definite Moust-Have', and then 'Innie Minnie Mightie Bow', so the flowers build up from pale pink to rich red.


I added dots of 'Slick Bluenoir' to the middle of the flowers, along with a couple of hints of 'Easy Going'. Next I added the baroque type leaves around the edges, painting the outline and then filling in. Each leaf/petal took two coats for a really dark finish. As always, I topped off my mani with a cot of Essie 'Good To Go'. I'm going out tonight to let's see how long they last!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. These are SO lovely! The colours work beautifully together! Sam xxx

    http://www.insamazement.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. just amazing art .. i like it your site very much.. your art is giving gorgeous look.. its very pretty and color combination just fantastic.. its pink and black color is very great.. i love this kind of arts.. please tell me how it create.. i am your fan man... thanks for show this design.. i ll try its definitely.. =)

    ReplyDelete

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig