Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Quirky Christmas Tree Nail Art



Hi guys! Today I finally got around to doing some Christmassy nail art. I used good old Google to track down a design, as I knew there'd be plenty of festive patterns to choose from. This one caught my eye, as I was keen to try something a little untraditional. Don't get me wrong, I love the combination of reds, greens and sparkles at this time of year, but you can't go wrong with a bit of pink too, right?


The equipment:

Sinful Colors 'Easy Going'
Sinful Colors 'Island Coral'
Sinful Colors 'Pistache'
Rimmel 'Totally Teal'
Essie 'Sweet Talker'
Kiko Cosmetics 'Suggestive Red'*
Essie 'Good To Go'
Fine nail art paint brush


The base is 'Easy Going', a super light pale pink. I applied two coats for opacity, and once dry, I used my tiny nail art brush to add the trees. I started with 'Island Coral' and painted the outlines for pink trees, then filled in the gaps. I left a couple of trees as just outlines, as I like the mixture of shapes from the original pattern. 


Next, I added blue trees using 'Sweet Talker', 'Pistache' for the light green ones, 'Totally Teal' for the dark trees, and finally 'Suggestive Red' for - you guessed it - the red trees! For some of the trees I added extra details, painting trunks and branches. Finally, I added a coat of 'Good To Go' to ensure everything was sealed in nicely.

What do you think? Let me know!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love how this is a different take on the traditional festive art (which I ended up doing lol). I need to remember this for next year! Great work!
    xx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I really like your Blog! Do you want to support each other and follow via GFC?
    But only if you like my Blog too. I hope we stay in touch! :)

    Greetings, Sophia xx
    Instagram: sophiaton_
    Blog: www.sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig