Saturday, 28 February 2015

Alternative Leaves in Blue



Hi everyone! Today my mani is a bit of a weird one - I was sat at the kitchen table (making sure my pulled pork didn't burn for tonight, in case you want to know), trying to come up with some ideas, and suddenly decided it would be a good idea to create a design inspired by my kitchen curtains. Standard. The curtains are actually in shades of green, but after all the gold/white/black/blue dress malarkey that's been kicking off recently, I thought it'd be oh-so relevant of me to work those shades into the design instead. Given, I didn't end up adding gold because I was quite happy with how they turned out with the other three shades, but never mind.


I got a lovely new white today (Essie) so I was excited to use it! As with all of Essie's little creation, it applied perfectly and was opaque after two coats. The light blue shade is another Essie polish, 'Sweet Talker' - it's a gorgeous soft blue with a bit of shimmer to it. I also used an old e.l.f. Cosmetics royal blue, and Sinful Colors 'Black on Black', topped off with Essie 'Good To Go', of course!



I used my brand new paintbrushes for this design (technically not that brand new as I got them for Christmas, but they've only just been opened!) I applied the middle stem first, thickening it up towards the end, and creating a bit of a wave for some movement. I then added the veins in slightly narrow stripes, alternating between the colours.

It's a bit of a strange manicure and I'm still deciding if I like it or not, but my mum assured me it looks nice, so I had to share it with you! Let me know what you think :)
SHARE:

2 comments

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig