Sunday, 22 February 2015

Sequin Mosaic "Mermaid" Nail Art


Hi guys! Today I decided to try something different and give sequin mosaic-ing (I think that's what it's called?) a go. It's not as neat and tidy as I would have liked, but since it's my first time I'll let myself off. By the time I'd completed my full mosaic nails I realised it was rather mermaid-esque, which it what inspired the little tail on my ring finger.


I started off by painting my nails with Fearne 'Cotton Candy', a creamy lilac shade from Fearne Cotton's 2013 collection. If I remember correctly these polishes were seriously well priced, so it's brilliant that they've lasted this long without going all gloopy and gross. I got the other collection last Christmas as well, and I love every single one of the nail polishes - I'm not 100% convinced that Fearne herself chose each of the colours, but whoever did did a very good job!



For my middle finger and thumb I used hole punch reinforcements to achieve the rounded shape. It only took two coats to get a nice opaque finish, and then I applied a coat of Essie 'Good To Go', my favourite quick-drying top coat. Then I started adding the sequins (I can't remember where I got these ones from - I discovered them at the bottom of one of my nail art boxes in an unbranded tub!) I used a cotton bud to pop them onto my nails, and once complete, I added another coat of 'Good To Go'.



For the mermaid tail I layered up lots of different colours including pale pink, turquoise, navy and dark purple. I used a really tiny paint brush to add details, and sprinkled on a bit of Nails Inc. 'Bling It On' silver glitter, both of which aren't visible in the photos due to late evening iPhone photography!

Let me know what you think about my 'mermaid' nail art! :)

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm so glad you're back, I really like your blog! :)
    This pink isn't really mermaidish but the design is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! This is sooo pretty! Love that pink nail color and the sequin is amazing. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig