Saturday, 7 March 2015

Baroque Neon Nail Art




Happy weekend everybody! Today I'm feeling super productive because I did a big shop, lots of washing and even some cleaning too (including sorting out all my recycling, and making myself look like a raging alcoholic when I dragged a huge, clinking box of wine and beer bottles outside). Then to continue the productivity I had a bit of a blog/brand rejig, and then set to work creating a new nail art design. I even did a proper step-by-step tutorial for this post, so I'm feeling like a good little blogger. Anyway, less of the chat, here's how I created my Neon Baroque nails.

Sinful Colors 'Easy Going'
Sinful Colors 'Unicorn'
Sinful Colors 'Pistache'
Models Own 'Apple Pie'
Models Own 'Grape Juice'
Models Own 'Shades'
Models Own 'Flip Flop'
Barry M 'Limited Edition Yellow'
Barry M 'Greenberry'
Kiko Cosmetics 'Irresistible Orchid'
Essie 'Good To Go'
Small/medium nail art paint brush


So as you can see, to start with I applied a different pastel shade to each nail. On my thumb I used Sinful Colors 'Easy Going', a gorgeous, soft, creamy pink. On my index finger I used another pastel Sinful Colors shade, 'Unicorn', followed by Models Own 'Apple Pie' on my middle finger and Models Own 'Grape Juice' on my ring finger (both are from the Scratch n' Sniff collection and they smell bloody marvellous). On my little finger I used Sinful Colors 'Pistache' which isn't exactly pastel, but it was the closest I had!

Once the bases were dry I started painting on the baroque pattern in corresponding 'neon' shades. I have to admit, the only true neons I used were Models Own 'Shades' and 'Flip Flop', but I think I can get away with it! I used a small/medium sized paint brush to apply the patterns, including lots of different baroque-inspired shapes. When dry, I returned to the pastel colours to add some more details, such as little teardrops and dots. Finally, I applied a coat of Essie 'Good to Go' to seal in the design.

Here are a couple more shots to show you the final result. What do you think? Be sure to let me know!



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love these nails and the colours are lovely :) xxx

    CKflowerlover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful design! I love the colour combos!
    xx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig