Sunday, 1 March 2015

Galaxy Nail Art



Today I've returned to a design that was ridiculously popular a couple of years ago, and then seemed to just fizzle out! It's a shame really, as galaxy nails are arguably one of the easiest and most effective forms of nail art. You only need a few polishes and a couple of basic tools to achieve a mani that's extremely eye catching, in just a matter of minutes!


The equipment:

Sinful Colors 'Black On Black'
Barry M 'Silver Multi Glitter'
Rimmel 'Azure'
Models Own 'Sun Hat'
Missguided 'Misslead'
Essie 'White'
Essie 'Good To Go'
Nails Inc. 'Bling It On'
Small dotting tool
Kitchen sponge


The base is two layers of 'Black On Black', topped off with a coat of 'Good To Go' to make it as smooth as possible for the next step. 

I snipped up a cheap kitchen sponge and dabbed some 'Sun Hat' (pink) into one of the corners, then applied it randomly to each nail. I did the same with 'Azure' and 'Misslead', which are a metallic blue and glittery yellow respectively, eventually building up patches of the colours. The last polish I sponged on was 'Silver Multi Glitter', and then I added to the glitter even more by sprinkling on a little Nails Inc. 'Bling It On'.


The last step is to add dots of white. Using my smallest dotting tool, I applied several blobs of white to each nail, varying the sizes as much as possible to create some depth. I then topped everything off with another layer of 'Good To Go'. 



Are you a fan of galaxy nails? Is there another technique you use in creating this design? Let me know!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've never done galaxy on my nails but I really like it! It always looks so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig