Sunday, 15 March 2015

Purple Water Marble Nail Art


Morning everyone! Today I decided to try the water marbling technique, which turned out to be extremely stressful and I made an absolute mess. However, after many failed attempts, lots of spills and a huge clean up job, I'm rather happy with the final result. Here's how I did it...

Essie 'White'
Nicole by OPI 'I Orchid You Not'
Models Own 'Grape Juice'
Kiko Cosmetics 'Slick Bluenoir'
Rimmel 'Shooting Star'
Essie 'Good To Go'
Water, a paint brush, and lots of acetone!

I started out with a base of Essie 'White'. I only used one coat, as there's no need to get an opaque finish as it just gets covered up anyway. It just helps the water marbling colours to really 'pop'. While the base was drying I created my water marble - I dropped blobs of purple and black into a mug of room temperature water, creating consecutive circles, and then swirled them around. Then I dipped in my nails et voilĂ ! (I know this explanation isn't that great, so I recommend Googling it as there's bound to be plenty of wonderful video tutorials).


The clean up was ridiculous - if you follow me on Instagram you'll see the massive mess I made. I had to use so much acetone and cotton wool - now I know why other nail artists recommend bordering your nails with liquid palisade. I think I may have to invest. Anyway, once I had rid off all the mess I added a few sweeps of glitter using Rimmel 'Shooting Star', and neatened up any questionable bits with a little paint brush and the relevant polish. Finally, I topped it off with Essie 'Good To Go'. Let me know what you think!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig