Sunday, 31 May 2015

Abstract Flower Nail Art


Hello! Today I've done a really quick and easy manicure inspired by a vintage abstract design I tracked down on good old Google images. I fancied doing something that combined neutral and neon shades, and with its bright turquoise and neon pink patterns upon a nude background, this was just the ticket!


Essie 'Blanc'
Rimmel 'Let's Get Nude'
Models Own 'Shades'
Barry M 'Greenberry'
Essie 'Good To Go'
Fine nail art brush

I used 'Let's Get Nude' from Rimmel's Rita Ora collection as a base, layering several coats on top of a white base to get maximum opacity. I've had this polish knocking around for a while but never used it, which is a shame, because it's one of the nicest nudes I've come across. Granted, it takes a good few coats for a decent finish, which is to be expected from sheer shades, but with a price tag of £2.99 it's definitely a bargain.


When my base was dry I used a tiny nail art brush to apply the flowers. The pink polish is Models Own 'Shades' from their Polish for Tans range, and the turquoise is Barry M 'Greenberry', from the Gelly Hi-Shine collection. Both are really eye-catching shades and I love how they work together - I reckon I'll be using this colour combo a lot more in the future. I also added a few dots of white to the centre of some of the flowers, and once dry, I topped everything off with a coat of Essie 'Good To Go'.



It's a shame I've run out off matte top coat as this mani would work really well 'mattified' - I'll have to add it to my list next time I do a Boots haul! Let me know what you think :)
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. That looks really pretty! I like the colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a simple but summery design, so pretty!

    NJCDesigns

    ReplyDelete

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig