Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Black & Blue Floral Brushstroke Nail Art



Hi guys. Today I want to share a design that I've created for the bonprix and Barry M #partypolished blogger contest. I noticed the competition on Twitter, and since I haven't painted my nails for a good few weeks, what better excuse to whip out the nail polish and create a party-inspired design?




You can find out the nitty-gritty of the competition over here, but basically it involves selecting one of six bon prix party dresses and then creating a nail design inspired by it. I selected the Luxe Sequin Shift Dress in Blue Floral, and recreated the sparkly design in an abstract, 'brushstrokey' way. I thought this would be a nice change from the very structured nail art I usually do, and I also wanted to inject them with an oriental feel.

I used Kiko Slick Blue Noir as a base, China Glaze White On White for the white details, Barry M Greenberry for the light turquoise petals and Barry M Pacific for the darker, shimmery turquoise. I also used Barry M Silver Multi Glitter with the dotty white bits, as I wanted a bit of extra sparkle. They are supposed to be party polished nails, after all! I hope you like them :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig