Friday, 13 November 2015

Purple Icicle Nail Art


Hi guys. Today I decided it was about time I do some wintry nail art. While we're still in the midst of autumn, and there are more high speed winds and bursts of torrential rain (cheers Storm Abigail!) than frost, snowflakes and what-not, I couldn't resist a sparkly, icicle-inspired manicure. It also meant I could try out the 'waterfall' technique that nail bloggers have been showcasing for years, especially as I recently dug out some thin liner paintbrushes that I completely forgot I owned.

For this manicure, I *think* I used OPI Anti-Bleak, but it's a miniature I've had for ages so I'm not 100%. I chose this colour because it's a near-perfect match to MAC's Rebel, which I got for my birthday the other week, and I'm planning on wearing tomorrow for my belated birthday celebrations. It's always nice when your nails and lips (almost) match! For the icicles I used China Glaze White On White, Models Own Grapejuice, Barry M Silver Multi Glitter and Kiko Slick Bluenoir. You can probably tell by my 'old' polishes that I haven't been nail shopping for a while... I'm still using bottles I've had for 2+ years!


I used a really fine striping brush, starting with the palest colours and finishing off with a few slicks of black. Once dry, I topped everything off with Essie's 3-in-1 top coat. I really need to get my hands on Good To Go again, as it's the best fast-drying top coat I've ever used. I think it's definitely time for me to go on a nail polish spree!


I hope you like my purple icicle nail art. Let me know what you think :)
SHARE:

1 comment

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig